Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Gold's Reminder:Don't let the enemy bite you

The five year old son of one of my co-workers bit my four year old son on the stomach. They were playing together for about fifteen minutes when I heard my little boy cry. His cousin who was looking after him told me about the incident.Though my son had a shirt on, the boy's teeth made a mark on his stomach and even scarred. Before it happened I tried to pull my son away from that boy because I noticed that he was pushing him.My son insisted that he would play with the boy for a few minutes longer while I talked to some people so I let him. I wanted my son to be independent and didn't think something like that would happened.I even thought that it might improve his social skills because he didn't have playmates at home.Now I really felt bad for him .His experienced with that playmate might make him suspicious of other kids.I talked with the boy's mom and she said her son's reason why he did that awful thing was because he wanted to play alone and that my son was a nuisance.His mother also added that it was the first time for her son to bit someone like that. I can't scold the boy because that was his mother's role. I didn't bother to tell that boy how bad he was though I really wanted to.I just told my son not to play with that boy again.I know it was not a good experience for my son. He didn't suspect there are kids like that.This made me realized how unaware we are every time the enemy strikes.He set an attractive trap while we are away from God and then bite us.We should always be on guard and we should be aware of God's warnings in order not to be bitten by sin.

2 comments:

Raine said...

hmmm. i'm very happy for you that you passed when God tested your patience. you didn't give the enemy a chance to bite. me, i failed just recently. but i thank God for His grace for all of us.

dee gold said...

Yes, God is Faithful and though we have some shortcomings, God will always be a Father who will understand whenever we fail or fall. He will help us stand.
Thanks raine for giving a comment.